- The European Commission has opened an infringement procedure against Greece.
- Greece exempts tax-free shops at its land borders from excise duty.
- This exemption is no longer allowed under EU legislation.
- Greece has two months to respond and address the issue.
- If there is no satisfactory response, the Commission may issue a reasoned opinion.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.