The Ecuador Internal Revenue Service (SRI) has published Circular No. NAC-DGECCGC19-00000004 of 13 September 2019 on the application of a 0% VAT rate for certain artistic and cultural services with effect from 1 September 2019.
Read more: Orbitax
VATupdate - Your VAT News website
What does VATupdate.com do?
If you’re interested in value added tax (VAT) and other indirect taxes, this website is for you. We bring you the latest news on VAT, IVA, consumption tax, GST, HST, PST Sales Tax and other indirect taxes from around the world. All day long, every day. Instead of going to a specific website of an advisory firm or newspaper, or waiting for a weekly or monthly newsletter, you can access the latest news with just a click of your mouse or a tap of your finger on your phone or tablet. VATupdate.com offers you:
- A website with indirect tax news from around the world;
- News that is updated multiple times per day;
- Posts that always include a link to the original source, and regularly include comments and explanations from the editors;
- Independent contributors, who can provide country-specific news or write their own articles.
"Posts include tax technical topics, trends and developments, case-law, links to other taxes, and job opportunities"
The website is accessible from anywhere in the world 24/7.
One of the key topics on the website is the case law of the European Court of Justice. To search for case law, click HERE
For whom is VATupdate.com?
In many cases, a VAT specialist is fairly alone in performing his job. Sometimes part of a broader tax department or finance team, but often an expert in a specific area, a VAT specialist mostly has limited possibilities for sparring with colleagues, challenging ideas and opinions and keeping up to date. And even the more experienced VAT specialists are focusing mostly on the VAT news that is relevant to them in their day-to-day activities. VATupdate.com therefore is mostly suitable for:
- VAT specialists, other tax specialists, accountants, consultants, lawyers, journalists, and other professionals and people who are interested in VAT;
- The site is used by in-house specialists, advisors, universities and public authorities.
VATupdate.com offers the possibility to keep up-to-date in just 5 minutes per day. The website shows the headlines of the latest VAT news from around the world at a glance, on the front page. Because it covers news from more than 80 different sources, and from all countries in the world, you're always sure that you capture everything. And you can click through to the sources to read more.
VATupdate.com offers free news on indirect taxation around the world. The search function, categories and tags enable you to create your own selection of news articles. And we always put the latest news at the top of your screen so that you won’t miss the most recent hot topics.
The main advantages of using VATupdate.com are:
- Up to date - Continuous posting new items;
- Fast - Both in supplying information as in reading it;
- Independent - No links with specific sources, advisory firms, etc.;
- Free - No subscriptions, no logging in, no pop-ups, no spam;
- Relevant - Editors are knowledgeable and experienced VAT specialists;
- Opportunity - Contributors can post opinions and get feedback.
VATupdate.com is the first website that collects global VAT information from more than 80 sources on a daily basis. It shows you the headlines, and provides you a link to the source of the information. You can find the latest VAT news, or compare different sources and opinions. And VATupdate.com is fully independent and not sponsored. Furthermore, a global network of independent local contributors enables us to provide up-to-date, relevant and to-the-point information on VAT in the countries where you do business.
What can VATupdate.com do for me?
VATupdate.com is a capable partner for preparing newsletters for businesses and advisory firms. We have knowledge of and expertise with not only the technical details and background of VAT rules and case law, but also with the practical interpretation and consequences. What we offer is:
- Free service:
- Searching and sorting per country or area of interest;
- Different sources easy to compare;
- Contribute with country-specific news and articles and get recognized by VAT community.
- Other possibilities:
- Outsourcing of your own VAT newsletter;
- Training of staff;
- Advertisement of job opportunities;
- And much more, just contact us.
We can provide the additional possibilities because we are independent, freelance VAT specialists and as such available for specific assignments, projects, temporary replacement, speaking on events and seminars, training or publication opportunities.
The founders of this website are also the chief editors: Kelvin Hulsebos and Bas de Koning. We are energetic about collecting and publishing information about VAT. Having multiple decades of experience as tax advisor for Big-4 firms, in-house VAT specialist at large multinationals and independent freelance VAT manager, we are able to bring you relevant news, from sources that are trustworthy, and with a solid tax technical basis.
VATupdate.com was initially started to fulfil our own personal needs and interests. The collection of news from different sources and storing it online made it easier to search for specific topics and countries and to compare different sources. We experienced that it can be difficult to find up-to-date information about indirect taxation at a single, centralized spot. And we wanted to share that with the global VAT community. What started as a 'hobby', is now the best source of VAT information on the web.
Want to know more? Or would you like to let us know where we can do better? Or if you just want to send us a message? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
We hope to hear from you soon!