- The State Taxation Administration of China has expanded the fully digitized e-fapiao pilot program.
- Starting from November 1, 2023, selected taxpayers from Beijing, Hunan, Anhui, Guizhou, Qinghai, Ningxia, and Shandong are required to issue fully digitized e-fapiao.
- The pilot program now includes taxpayers from 35 regions in China.
- All taxpayers in the country can accept fully digitized e-fapiao.
- Previously, pilot taxpayers could only issue e-fapiao through the government web portal, which required manual processing.
- The STA has introduced a certified service provider called Leqi, which offers direct integration with the e-fapiao system.
- Leqi is an API-based platform that allows direct invoicing data transmission with minimal manual intervention.
- Leqi is currently available in 24 of the 35 regions that allow issuance of fully digitized e-fapiao.
- The STA expects Leqi to add more features in the future.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.