- VAT ID is essential for intra-European trade
- VAT number consists of a prefix (country code) and a suffix (numbers/letters)
- Different countries have different structures for their VAT IDs
- Foreign entrepreneurs may need to register for a local VAT number in certain cases
- These cases include domestic deliveries, cross-border supplies within the EU, distance selling, and purchasing goods from another EU member state.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.