- Business Ombudsman Council provides a step-by-step algorithm of actions for taxpayers in case they are included in the list of risky VAT payers.
- To prevent inclusion in the list, businesses should verify potential counterparties, register data tables for VAT payers, fulfill tax obligations, avoid involvement in “gray schemes”, and organize proper accounting.
- If a company is included in the list, they should determine the reasons for inclusion by studying the decision of the regional commission and clarify the grounds for inclusion by contacting the communication platform of the relevant tax authority or sending an official request.
- If explanations do not lead to exclusion, the company should prepare documents for exclusion, including explanations and supporting documents.
- If exclusion is still not achieved, it is recommended to contact the Business Ombudsman Council and file a complaint.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.