- Thailand exempts crypto transactions from value-added tax (VAT) until the end of 2023.
- The exemption applies to transactions made through authorized digital asset exchanges.
- The government aims to support the country’s growing cryptocurrency sector.
- The finance minister is responsible for implementing and overseeing the decree.
- The move is part of Thailand’s strategy to establish itself as a digital asset hub and stimulate innovation in the fintech sector.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of Thailand has introduced more crypto-friendly regulations.
- Binance Thailand has opened a cryptocurrency exchange for trading.
- Thailand has seen a growing interest in cryptocurrency investments.
- Thailand was among the first countries to regulate cryptocurrency and issue digital asset licenses.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.