- Companies may have multistate sales tax obligations under economic nexus rules
- Economic nexus thresholds vary by state, with some using a threshold of $100,000 in gross receipts or 200 transactions
- Companies must determine their sales tax obligations based on these thresholds and register with states if necessary
- Sales tax compliance obligations can be complex for companies selling online to multiple states
- Sales tax automation software can help determine nexus thresholds and sales tax obligations
- Companies should stay up to date on sales tax regulations and consider the impact of their products on sales tax obligations.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.