- The Sindh Revenue Board (SRB) has reported a 34 percent growth in the collection of sales tax on services during the initial seven months of the fiscal year 2023-24.
- The SRB collected Rs 126.8 billion, a significant increase from Rs 94.6 billion in the previous fiscal year.
- The growth in revenue collection shows the board’s resilience and determination to meet financial targets.
- In January 2024, the SRB collected Rs 18.3 billion, a 28 percent increase compared to the previous year.
- The success is attributed to the trust and cooperation of taxpayers, efforts of SRB officers and staff, and support from the Sindh government.
- Despite challenges, the SRB remains committed to achieving the assigned revenue target of Rs 235 billion for the current fiscal year.
- The achievement reflects positively on the SRB and indicates the overall economic health of the province.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.