- The Government of Pakistan has developed a Single Sales Tax Portal/Return to simplify the process of filing sales tax returns.
- The portal will allow sales tax registered persons to file a single sales tax return instead of separate returns to the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and Provincial Sales Tax Authorities.
- The portal aims to enhance user experience, minimize errors, and provide a centralized platform for accessing tax information.
- It will promote better compliance and communication between taxpayers and tax authorities.
- The system will streamline processes, reduce duplication, and result in cost savings for taxpayers and tax authorities.
- The single sales tax return is initially being launched for the telecommunications sector.
- Registered persons are advised to familiarize themselves with the new system and contact the FBR’s helpline for any queries or concerns.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.