- The VAT in the Digital Age (ViDA) timeline is a contentious issue in the European Union.
- The European Parliament’s Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) is discussing concerns about the ViDA timeline.
- ViDA’s proposals will have significant impact on e-invoicing and e-reporting.
- ECON has proposed to delay each of the ViDA pillars by 1 year.
- The vote on the proposal is non-binding but indicates the reception to the current timeframes.
- ECON’s changes to the proposal will likely influence the outcome.
- The third ViDA pillar is expected to be heavily delayed, while the first two pillars are on course for 2025.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.