- The tax agency in Sweden has presented a regulation on exemptions from cash register obligations in 2024 and 2025.
- Sales of lotteries organized as public entertainment events will be exempt from cash register and fiscalization obligations.
- Games of skill at public entertainment events, such as ball throwing and dart throwing, are also exempt from cash register requirements.
- The value of each bet for games of skill cannot exceed SEK 43, and winnings can only consist of goods worth up to SEK 955.
- These regulations come into effect on January 1, 2024, and only apply to businesses involved in square and market trading.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.