- Turkish Government clarifies VAT rules for the sale of vouchers
- Draft communique released for consultation until November 24, 2023
- Sale of a voucher taxable at the point of sale where it can be redeemed
- Taxable regardless of whether voucher is issued by a seller abroad or domestically
- Vouchers not restricted to specific goods or services are not liable to VAT
- Standard VAT rules apply when voucher is exchanged for a good or service
- Guidance includes various forms of vouchers, including gift cards and passcodes
- Fees or commissions earned from sale of items, unlocks, or wealth in online games subject to VAT.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.