- Slovak Parliament accepts Bill No. 38 for consideration
- Bill aims to amend VAT registration provisions
- Turnover threshold for compulsory VAT registration to increase to 75,000 euros from 49,790 euros
- Changes to be effective from July 1, 2024
- Transitional provisions on cancellation of VAT registration to be established
- Transitional provisions allowing voluntary VAT registration for taxpayers with turnover exceeding threshold
- Taxpayers can avoid penalties for failure to register for VAT under certain conditions
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.