In the recent update, starting from 1st August 2023, e-invoicing has become essential for all the registered persons whose aggregate turnover (based on PAN) in any prior fiscal year from 2017-18 onwards exceeds 5 crores.
Here is a compilation of some frequently asked questions regarding e-invoicing under GST.
- 1. What is e-invoicing under GST?
- 2. When will e-invoicing get implemented?
- 3. Who are eligible for e-invoicing?
- 4. Is e-invoicing mandatory?
- 5. Why is e-invoice required?
- 6. What is the IRP in e-Invoice?
- 7. What is an IRN (Invoice Reference Number)?
- 8. Can IRN be generated in bulk?
- 9. What are the types of documents reported under IRP?
- 10. How does e-invoicing benefit businesses?
- 11. How will e-invoicing curb tax evasion?
- 12. Can an e-invoice be cancelled partially/fully?
- 13. How e-invoice works?
- 14. Is e-way bill required for e-invoice?
- 15. Can we generate e-way bill with e-invoice?
- 16. Can we generate an e-invoice for an unregistered person?
- 17. Who should register for e-invoicing?
- 18. Where to register for e-invoicing?
- 19. How to generate e-invoice in the GST portal?
- 20. How to upload e-invoice in the GST portal?
- 21. How to modify e-invoice in GST portal?