- Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta, announced tax reliefs in the 2024 budget statement
- VAT on locally produced sanitary pads will be removed
- Government emphasizes fiscal sustainability for long-term competitiveness
- Collaboration with Ghana Revenue Authority and Mutual Prosperity Dialogue’s standing committee
- Tax reliefs include zero VAT on African prints, import duty waivers on electric vehicles, and exemptions on agricultural machinery and medical consumables
- Introduction of a 5% VAT flat rate on commercial properties to simplify administration
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.