- Transactions conducted through POS systems in Denmark are saved in an electronic journal
- Exports from the journal need to be presented in the SAF-T cash register file upon request from the Tax Authority
- The SAF-T export file contains detailed information about a business’s sales transactions, including date, time, value, and VAT rate
- The file also includes information about returns, discounts, or refunds issued
- The Danish cash register SAF-T file was developed based on OECD recommendations
- Guidance on generating the SAF-T files can be found on the Fiscal Portal in English.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.