- Chilean Internal Revenue Service issued Letter No. 2713
- Clarifies use of related companies for acquiring VAT-exempt goods and tax refunds
- Taxpayer established two entities with a common shareholder
- One entity acts as a ship service provider and the other as a ship agent
- Services provided by the ship service provider to shipping companies in Chile are subject to VAT
- Shipping companies can recover VAT incurred in acquiring the supply
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.