VAT rate changes expected
- Standard rate from 7.7% to 8.1%;
- Reduced rate from 2.5% to 2.6%
- Hotel accommodation rate from 3.7% to 3.8%
Vote results September 25, 2022
- Ban on factory farming: 37% yes, 63% no
- Pension reform/retirement age women: 50.6% yes, 49.4% no
- Pension reform/increase in VAT: 55.1% yes, 44.9% no
- Reform withholding tax: 48% yes, 52% no
- Turnout: 52.3%
- About 5.5 million citizens, including registered Swiss expats, were eligible to take part in the ballots.
- Votes on a wide range of different issues also took place in numerous cantons and municipalities across the country.