The work started in 2019 and plans to finalize by the end of 2023.
Key aims for modernising
- Increase compliance with rules relating to taxes and duties
- Reduce the extent of the hidden economy
- Making it easier for business in duties regarding VAT.
Why we are modernising
- Rules and regulations are becoming more complex
- Lack of compliance with VAT laws results in some businesses gaining an unlawful competitive advantage over others, and revenue losses for the government
- Systems and solutions of VAT support and services have remained more or less unchanged since 1970 and being based on manual work processes.
(see also this update from WTS > open in incognito mode)