Customs authorities use somewhat different methods from income tax authorities to value intercompany cross-border transactions in tangible goods. This difference can produce negative outcomes for a business if not considered in the context of total tax liability. This article summarises the relationship between customs valuation and transfer pricing and highlights specific areas for tax planning.
- FM Magazine
- KPMG Switzerland – Mind the gap – why operational transfer pricing must include customs
- Deloitte – The Link Between Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation – 2018 Country Guide
- WCO – Guide to Customs Valuation and Transfer Pricing (2018)
- Tilburgh University – The use of transfer pricing for customs valuation purposes: what should be the criteria for a transfer price in order to meet the customs valuation rules?
- Roedl & Partner – Transfer pricing and customs law: Crucial interdependencies
- ICC – ICC Guidance on Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation (2015)