Share this post on

Brexit ready VAT update – Claiming VAT Refunds from EU countries from 1 Jan 2021

If you are a UK business and have staff that travel across the EU on work related projects you may have wondered “ How do I claim back EU VAT?”. There may be hotel bills, car hire invoices, conference costs or costs for other goods or services your UK business has incurred whilst in the EU. In the absence of having any requirement to be VAT registered yourself in that EU country – in which case the VAT costs could be processed through that in-country VAT registration – you certainly would not be able to claim any EU incurred country VAT on your UK VAT Return but there has been a refund route to consider. With the end of the transition period on the 31 December 2020 the question has been what access will UK businesses have to that alternative and on-line refund portal.


* click here if you have interesting news to share *