The Indirect Tax Manager (’ITM’) is responsible for setting Nouryon’s indirect tax agenda, ensuring that this is aligned with the company’s overall corporate and business strategy. The ITM identifies and leads improvements in the end-to-end indirect tax compliance processes and makes use of automation and standardization opportunities to optimize and centralize the tax compliance and accounting.
The ITM further advises staff departments and business units about the indirect tax aspects of their functional area and business activities. Furthermore, he/she oversees indirect tax related compliance and accounting matters. In respect of all of this, there is a focus on VAT in the EMEA region, whilst the ITM’s work scope explicitly also covers other indirect taxes.Important Areas Of Attention
Also you will develop strategies and set policies aimed at optimizing Nouryon’s indirect tax position and advise corporate and business functions accordingly.
- changes in law;
- impact of changes in operating environment (including business restructurings and M&A);
- optimization of internal compliance and accounting processes and systems;
- and audit management.
Furthermore, the ITM oversees the tax compliance and accounting work performed in the regional accounting centers, leads potential improvements and together with the inhouse teams as well as with external support from outsourcing partners ensures the accurate and timely filing of tax returns, the preparation of financial statements as well as the handling of tax and financial audits.
This will be your key objectives as our Indirect Tax Manager:
- Develop Nouryon’s indirect tax agenda and drive execution – 25%
- Improve end-to-end indirect tax process with standardization, automation and harmonization (together with the Regional Accounting Centers and other relevant functions) – 25%
- Advise business units and staff departments on indirect tax related matters -(10%)
- Oversee indirect tax compliance activities – 20%
- Oversee indirect tax related accounting – 20%
Typical Challenges For The ITM Include The Following Examples
- The ITM must develop a network of contacts within Nouryon and a depth of knowledge of the company’s operations to provide expert tax advice in case of changes in relevant tax laws, the company’s strategy or its operating environment.
- The ITM develops and performs checks to monitor tax compliance activities in the regional accounting centers (RACs) and collaborates with RAC management to optimize related processes.
- The ITM investigates opportunities for automation (RPA), standardization and centralization with RAC management to optimize related processes.
To qualify for this role
You have at least 5 years experience within a Big 4 or comparable advisory firm or a corporate environment.
- Have in-depth knowledge of indirect tax laws, an up-to-date understanding of market standard compliance processes and systems as well as a basic knowledge of tax accounting.
- Should feel comfortable working in a multinational organization, analyzing and resolving complex situations.
- Have strong analytical thinking and clear communication skills.
- Have a university level education in Tax law or economics.
What can Nouryon offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary, 30 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Nouryon is a company with a long heritage and extensive expertise in specialty chemicals. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items.
Source: LinkedIn (where you can also apply)