Source Belastingdienst (in Dutch)
Corona crisis: Customs supports entrepreneurs with a package of measures
Due to the corona crisis, many companies are temporarily unable to meet their payment obligations under customs regulations and fail to comply with all deadlines and customs formalities. We will support entrepreneurs who get into trouble for this reason with a package of measures. We explain this below.
- We provide custom solutions for companies that cannot meet the strict legal deadlines, such as for submitting additional customs declarations (monthly declaration).
- We advise companies to submit objections and refund requests pro forma. If the statutory period is exceeded, we take the circumstances into account.
- We consider non-compliance with legal transit deadlines due to corona measures to be an excusable deadline.
- We provide tailor-made solutions for companies that cannot meet the solvency requirements of an AEO license, the admission of a customs representative or the reduction or exemption of the guarantee on the basis of a comprehensive guarantee.
- The period for pending authorization applications that cannot be properly completed in connection with the coronavirus is suspended. If your company has applied for the license electronically, we request that you register the extension yourself in the European application system CDMS. We provide customization for companies that need a permit quickly.
- We grant deferral of payment upon request. This postponement applies until the 15th day of the month following the month in which the enhanced corona measures end.
- You can request a deferment of payment for excise and consumption taxes after a supplementary assessment has been imposed.
- We handle companies that do not meet customs obligations due to the corona crisis in a timely manner. We do not impose a fine if there is no question of a violation or a crime and / or intent / gross negligence.
Would you like to rely on one or more of these measures?
Then you can contact the business contact point in your region . For postponement of payment, please contact the Recipient of Customs Amsterdam. We will assess the situation of each company individually and may request further information. Your company will have to demonstrate that it is experiencing problems as a result of the corona crisis. We will work with your company to find a good solution within the applicable regulations.