* click here if you have interesting news to share *

Can small-scale taxpayers issue special VAT invoices by themselves in China?

Traditionally, a company must obtain VAT general taxpayer status in order to be able to issue special VAT invoices. However, in August 2016, China launched a pilot program to allow small-scale taxpayers in the hotel industry to issue special VAT invoices by themselves.