- HMRC has updated VAT Notice 700/2: Group and divisional registration
- VAT grouping allows eligible persons to be treated as a single taxable person for VAT purposes
- Divisional registration allows a corporate body to register each of its self-accounting units separately for VAT
- Updates include information on what happens if HMRC refuses an application and how to request a paper VAT1 form
- The list of notifications a business may receive while waiting for a VAT grouping registration number has been updated
- A new section about late payment submission penalties has been added.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.