- Authorities in India have extended a consultation on updating the GST rate schedule for services.
- The schedule includes the GST rate, code, description, and any applicable conditions for services.
- Taxpayers with a turnover up to INR50m must include a four-digit code, while those with a higher turnover should include a six-digit code.
- The update aims to help taxpayers fulfill the requirement of including a six-digit code based on the UNCPC.
- The consultation period has been extended until February 16, 2024.
- The document can be found on the Central Board of Indirect Tax and Customs’s website.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.