- The ITAA has advocated for the reintroduction of VAT account statements, regardless of the account balance.
- The tax authorities have instructed their teams to reinstate these account statements.
- The minister is expected to confirm this position soon in response to a question in parliament.
- The ITAA has called for a quick implementation and for its members and taxpayers to be informed as soon as the statements are available.
- The FOD has stated that the function will be operational by the Q1 2024 tax return, but the exact release date is still to be confirmed.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.