- The Antigua Government will pursue a more vigorous collection of the Sales Tax (ABST)
- The Cabinet invited officials from the Ministry of Finance to report on the nation’s revenue and fiscal performance
- The Ministry of Finance officials detailed the performance of the previous year and presented projected expenditure and revenue for the first quarter of 2024
- It was agreed to pursue more vigorous collection of the ABST and reduce discretionary exemptions
- The Ministry of Finance team will report to the Cabinet monthly on the balance between revenue and expenditure.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.