- Technical issues have affected the submission of data and reports for the EU Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) and the Import Control System 2 (ICS2).
- The Commission has implemented solutions for reporting declarants who have experienced difficulties.
- A new functionality will be available on the Transitional Registry, allowing declarants to request delayed submission of their CBAM report.
- No penalties will be imposed on reporting declarants who have experienced difficulties in submitting their first CBAM report.
- Reporting declarants without technical issues are encouraged to submit their CBAM report by the end of the reporting period.
- Technical teams are working to rectify the remaining issues.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.