- Avalara, Inc. has released its annual Avalara Tax Changes report for 2024.
- The report covers tax changes in the U.S. and internationally, as well as changes in key industries.
- The report highlights continued changes to economic nexus and marketplace facilitator laws in the U.S.
- Businesses are likely to see more sales tax audits in 2024 due to increased IRS funding.
- E-invoicing is becoming the global standard, with more countries enforcing e-invoicing mandates.
- VAT in the digital age is evolving, with proposed reforms impacting e-invoicing, ecommerce sellers, and the platform economy.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.