- From 1 March 2024, generating an e-waybill without e-invoice details will no longer be possible in India.
- This decision aims to address the issue of mismatching information between the e-waybill and the e-invoice.
- Taxpayers with AATOs over Rs 5 crores are currently required to use e-invoicing.
- As of 1 March 2024, taxpayers subject to e-Invoicing will not be able to generate e-waybills without entering e-invoice details.
- This rule applies to B2B and export transactions.
- B2C e-waybills will not be affected and will continue to function as usual.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.