- The reduced value-added tax rate on transport, food service, and the tourism package is set to expire at the end of the year.
- Final decisions on extending the VAT cut will be made on Monday.
- The main view is that another extension will be given, possibly for six months.
- The government’s motivation is to avoid burdening prices and passing on the cost to consumers.
- The cost of the reduced VAT rate on the products in question is €250 million for six months.
- This extension comes in addition to other support measures, such as the reform of the payroll in the public sector and the increase of the tax-free exemption for families with children.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.