- November 30 is the deadline for availing input tax credit and furnishing correct information on ineligible input tax credit and reversal thereof for the 2022-23 fiscal.
- The procedure must be completed through the GSTR-3B return filing for October 2023.
- Taxpayers should avail the total input tax credit for 2022-23 mentioned in the GSTR-2B statements and ensure the reversal of ineligible input tax credit through the 4B (1) table in the GSTR-3B form.
- Correct declaration of Integrated GST (IGST) input tax credit is critical for the State’s tax revenues.
- Taxpayers who have mistakenly entered input tax credit details in the wrong table should contact the Taxpayer Service Division or the GST Intelligence wing before filing their returns for October.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.