- COPA advises Inland Revenue Department to ensure proper collection of VAT
- 13,000 companies currently registered for VAT being investigated for proper tax payment
- Inland Revenue Department officials met under Chairman MP Lasantha Alagiyawanna
- 1,98,253 new taxpayers registered in 2023
- Inland Revenue Department unable to take over and maintain RAMIS software due to lack of human resources
- Six organizations working on connecting to Ramis system, Registrar of Companies delayed due to technical reasons
- Committee recommends Department to make updates and connect with RAMIS system
- Progress report to be submitted to committee before January.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.