- HMRC has published new guidance on reporting rules for digital platforms
- The rules require UK digital platforms to collect and report information on sellers’ income
- The rules apply from 1 January 2024, with the first reporting in January 2025
- Similar rules are being implemented by EU member states from 1 January 2023
- UK-based platforms within the scope of EU rules need to consider their reporting obligations for 2023
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.