- Two people arrested in Greece and Germany in an EPPO investigation into €30.7 million VAT fraud
- Suspected cross border organized crime group involved in the fraud
- Suspects purchased electronic devices and sold them to Greek companies without paying VAT
- Goods initially invoiced to shell companies to evade VAT payment
- 42 searches carried out in Greece and Germany
- Seized twelve cars, luxury SUVs and sports cars, goods worth over €100,000, smartphones, laptops, desktop computers, and over €250,000 in cash
- Greek authorities executed two European Arrest Warrants
- Action demonstrates close cooperation between European Delegated Prosecutors, tax crime investigation services, and police forces in Germany and Greece
- EPPO is responsible for investigating and prosecuting crimes against the financial interests of the EU.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.