- The government of Pakistan has extended the sales tax holiday on petroleum products.
- The sales tax rate on petroleum products remains at zero percent.
- The government aims to provide relief to citizens amidst a global economic downturn.
- The price of petrol has decreased by Rs 2.04 per liter.
- The price of High-Speed Diesel has decreased by Rs 6.47 per liter.
- The Petroleum Development Levy and sales tax on both petrol and High-Speed Diesel remain unchanged.
- The government’s decision is expected to stimulate economic activity and lower transportation costs.
- The sales tax holiday reflects the government’s commitment to citizens’ well-being and economic stability.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.