- A bill has been introduced in the State Duma to exempt the transfer of food products with expired shelf life from VAT.
- The bill proposes to exempt from VAT operations on the gratuitous transfer of food products with expired shelf life, except for baby and diet food and alcoholic products.
- The government will establish the procedure for the gratuitous transfer of food products with expired shelf life.
- The exemption from VAT for these operations will have positive social and economic effects, including solving the problem of subsequent processing of these goods and their shortage among certain social groups.
- The mechanism will focus on improving the system for tracking the expiration date of food products and their transfer.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.