- The Norwegian Tax Administration has clarified the VAT treatment for transport and deposition of CO2.
- A company sought clarification for its VAT treatment regarding the services it provides for the transport and deposition of CO2.
- The Tax Agency clarified that the supply of transport services incurs VAT liabilities.
- The import VAT of CO2 itself is zero because it has a negative value.
- The turnover of CO2 deposition service on the continental shelf is considered VAT exempt.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.