- Proposal for customs reform and VAT rules relating to distance sales of imported goods
- Introduction of EU Customs Data Hub for e-commerce consignments in 2028
- Creation of EU Customs Authority to coordinate checks and inspections
- Coordinated approach between customs and VAT rules for e-commerce importations
- Increase in EU standards for enforcing at the border
- Tailor-made e-commerce regime to simplify compliance with EU rules
- 4-tier bucketing system for calculating duties
- Revenue loss and lack of safety compliance in e-commerce consignments
- Alignment of customs proposal with VAT framework
- Removal of EUR 150 customs de minimis threshold
- Simplification for foreign businesses and fight against fraud
- Introduction of IOSS and deemed importer regime
- Definitions and processes for VAT and customs in e-commerce
- Full alignment of customs and VAT rules and processes in e-commerce.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.