- The European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO) conducted searches in the Netherlands and seized assets in an investigation into VAT carousel fraud involving consumer electronics.
- The searches took place in Zoetermeer, Reeuwijk, and Berkel en Rodenrijs.
- Real estate, bank accounts, a boat, and four cars, including a Porsche Carrera, were seized.
- Three individuals are suspected of playing a key role in the cross-border VAT fraud.
- The fraud involved the trade of IT products and consumer electronics.
- Shell companies were used to evade the payment of VAT.
- The estimated damage amounts to millions of euros in tax losses.
- The investigation is ongoing to determine the extent of the criminal activities.
Note that this post was (partially) written with the help of AI. It is always useful to review the original source material, and where needed to obtain (local) advice from a specialist.