VATupdate.com is the leading source of global indirect tax news. What started as a hobby has grown into an international source and repository of news, tax laws, case law, overviews and summaries of key VAT developments in almost all countries of the world. With over 300 news items per week, and more than 1 million views per year, VATupdate.com aims to be the fastest, most complete and most varied website with indirect tax news. Run by an enthusiastic team, with lots of ambition and ideas to grow even more, we are now looking for help.
VATupdate.com is looking for enthusiast (indirect) tax students to assist with updating and maintaining our website.
What we are looking for:
- You are studying fiscal law or fiscal economy;
- You are enthusiastic about VAT and indirect tax;
- You wish to learn more and contribute on international VAT and other indirect tax developments.
What we offer:
- A three-month internship;
- Appr. 30 to 45 minutes a day;
- Access to our website as contributor, allowing you to access our dashboard and create your own posts;
- Free guidance and answers to all your VAT questions, including assistance with your paper or study.
You will assist us with preparing summaries and overviews of global news about VAT, GST and similar taxes. Roughly this should take 30 to 45 minutes a day.
Apart from this being a nice addition to your curriculum, you will be part of a fun team. Further, it will be a unique way to expand your horizon and get familiar with other VAT (and similar) systems and developments all around the world.
At the end of the internship, we will of course be happy to act as your reference for any next steps in your career.
If you are interested and want to learn more, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Bas and Kelvin
Note: We are also still looking for contributors, who can provide updates and summaries of the developments in their own country or region. VATupdate aims to collect information from all countries around the world, but even though we search in a couple of hundred sources every day, we may miss some news, or may need a local interpretation or (better) translation. If you are enthusiastic about VAT, let us know, and you can become one of the contributors as well.