The amendments affect Article 53 “Tax Invoices”, Article 54 “Credit and debit notes” and Article 66 “Records”.
For example, the following amendments were proposed:
- New situations for issuance of tax invoices (e.g., export);
- Addition of the requirement for both a supplier and a customer to be registered for VAT in order to issue self-billed tax invoices;
- Added that a summary tax invoice may be issued for the supplies during the period not exceeding 1 calendar month;
- Extended rules for simplified tax invoices;
- Added powers of ZATCA’s Governor to suspend or cancel the e-invoicing obligations to a category of taxpayers or to a specific taxpayer.