|Standard Rate||Reduced Rate||Other Rates|
|18%||N/A||Zero-rated (0%) and exempt|
The local name for VAT in Guinea is Taxe sur la valeur ajoutée (TVA).
There is basically 1 VAT rate in Guinea:
- Standard VAT rate is 18%
For more information about (recent) rate change developments in Guinea, please click HERE.
Standard rate: 18%
This rate applies for all transactions that take place in Guinea, unless an exception applies (such as a reduced rate, the zero rate or an exemption, or a reason to treat the transaction as outside scope of VAT).
Zero rate (0%)
Examples of goods and services taxable at 0% or exempted from VAT, with the right to deduct VAT
- Pharmaceutical products
- Books and school supplies
- Basic foodstuffs: Rice, wheat, flour and additives used in its production, bread, nutritious oils, palm oil
Examples of exempt supplies of goods and services, without the right to deduct VAT
- Sales and imports of stamps
- Financial transactions: interests, bank charges, …
- Real properties and tangible personal properties subject to registration fees
- Rentals of undeveloped land and bare premises
- Printed periodical publications (newspaper or magazine)
- Social, educational, sporting, cultural, philanthropic or religious acivities non-profit organization
A global VAT/GST rate overview can be found here (note this is a work in progress).
This post was last updated on October 12, 2021.