February 5, 2015
VAT updates, featuring OECD draft guidelines on B2C digital supplies, import VAT deferment simplification in the EU (Issue 22)
This edition of VAT News highlights recently released OECD draft guidelines on B2C digital supplies, the European Court of Justice’s decision regarding the right to deduct input VAT in connection with intra-EU acquisitions when substantive requirements are fulfilled, implementation of import VAT deferment simplification in a number of EU countries, changes to VAT rates applicable to books and e-books in certain EU countries, and new VAT obligations in connection with electronic services in South Korea and Argentina.
In addition, the newsletter highlights:
- extension of the local reverse charge in Czech Republic, Italy
- new VAT rates in Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Italy, Iceland, Thailand
- a new procedure to claim periodical VAT refunds in Luxembourg
- Intrastat arrivals threshold increased in the United Kingdom
- zero VAT rating for clinical trial services in Israel and Korea
- electronic supplies by offshore suppliers subject to JCT effective October 1, 2015 in Japan
- publication of e-filing rules for temporary imports and additional benefits for certified IMMEX companies in Mexico.